Welcome to Katharine Lady Berkeley School’s SEND page
A message from the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Co-ordinator (SENDCO), Karen John.
The SEND department at KLB school takes a holistic approach to each individual, putting the student at the centre of what we do. We listen to the young person, and work with their family and the staff to build on the student’s strengths and find ways to reduce the barriers to personal, social and academic fulfilment. Across the school, we seek to normalise asking for help because most people, at some point, will require it; we recognise the strength of character needed to manage and overcome life’s challenges. Those with special educational needs are encouraged to take ownership of their success and celebrate their achievements.
The move from primary school to secondary school can be a difficult time for students with SEND. We are proud of the testimonials from parents and pupils who joined us in September 2019. Please read about their experiences, in their own words, to find out more about what we do. The Y6 Transition pages and the ‘KLB Transition Guide’ below will support you.
- Testimonial 1 Parent Transition Comment 2019
- Testimonial 1 Student Comment 2019
- Testimonial 2 Parent Transition Comment 2019
- Testimonial 2 Student Comment 2019
- Testimonial 3 Parent Transition Comment 2019
- Testimonial 3 Student Comment 2019
- KLB Transition Guide – September 2020
You can find out more about the support we offer in the SEN Information Report and the help available through local organisations identified in the Glosfamilies Directory:
- KLB SEN Information Report – September 2020
You may also find the following school policies relevant to a pupil with special educational needs and/or disabilities.
Should you wish to arrange a meeting, and for comments, compliments, and complaints, please contact:
- Miss Karen John, SENCO: mailto:email@example.com or 01453 842227
- Mrs Hilary Morgan, Assistant SENCO (Administration): firstname.lastname@example.org or 01453 842227
- Mrs Rachel Robinson, Vice-Chair of Governors/SEN Governor: email@example.com or 01453 842227
The next annual review of these pages: September 2021